You can dress younger, trade in the mini-van, or go under the knife for plastic surgery. You can get a new hair style, slather on the moisturizer, or invest in age-defying makeup. But the one thing that can immediately make you look younger is a brand new smile. This is the era of anti-aging dentistry, when people are realizing that dermal fillers and face lifts only go so far, and a healthy, beautiful smile is what can really help you capture that elusive fountain of youth.
Anti-aging dentistry is a long-lasting and minimally invasive way to look more youthful. If you think Botox is the only way to even out wrinkles and plump up sagging skin, think again. Correcting your smile’s flaws and investing in restorative dentistry or cosmetic dentistry can revitalize your appearance and make you look younger, naturally. Here’s how:
- Your mouth and face changes as you age. Gaps and “black holes” can appear in the corners of your mouth as your jaw narrows, but porcelain veneers – which are designed to manipulate the size and width of teeth – can take the place of that darkness and automatically resurrect a more solid smile, thereby filling out lines and wrinkles. Rebuilding your smile with veneers or Lumineers can also even out your lips, which are supported by your teeth and jaw.
- One of the biggest complaints of people as they age is the development of jowls. No one wants to look like a bulldog. Sagging or hollow cheeks can develop when someone is missing teeth. Even if it’s seldom-seen molars that are MIA, these gaps in you smile can disturb the foundation of your jaw. Rebuild the foundation with dental implants and say goodbye to that sagging skin.
- Decades of wear and tear to teeth simply results in a need for greater attention to oral health. Worn-down teeth can interfere with your jaw closing properly, and the resulting discomfort will just make you uncomfortable in your own smile. Don’t suffer with the pain or look older by grimacing instead of grinning. It’s possible to restore functionality and eliminate discomfort with the right cosmetic dentistry treatment, whether that’s TMJ treatment or Invisalign braces.
- Chipped or broken teeth make you look older than you are, but porcelain crowns, dental implants, or porcelain veneers can alter the size and shape of your teeth to help smooth out mouth wrinkles, support the jaw line, and balance your smile as a whole.
- One of the simplest ways to restore your smile is by whitening it. When teeth are stained, you just look older and unhealthy. A professional teeth whitening treatment can give you a brand new, beautiful appearance in one hour.
Plastic surgery isn’t the only option for reversing the signs of aging. Cosmetic and restorative dentistry can be your ticket to looking younger, feeling better, and grinning more widely than you ever have before. Correcting even the smallest flaws in your smile can revitalize your appearance and your lust for life. Contact Red Bank Dentistry to schedule your free initial consultation and develop a customized treatment plan for a new you.