Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments, and for good reason. The procedure is fast, non-invasive, and delivers dramatic, long-lasting results that make teeth multiple shades whiter. At Red Bank Dentistry in Red Bank, NJ, we offer both in-office and take-home teeth whitening options so you can achieve an amazing smile makeover.
Types of Red Bank Teeth Whitening
At Red Bank Dentistry, we offer three different treatment options to get your teeth as white as they can possibly be.
- In-office whitening: During this easy and quick procedure, the whitening product is applied directly to the teeth then cured with a special light that activates the bleaching agent. This step is repeated, which results in about a one-hour whitening treatment. Patients who have a yellowish or brownish tone to their teeth often see the best results from in-office whitening. After the first treatment, your teeth will be noticeably whiter but, depending on the depth of your discoloration and how white you want your teeth, more than one appointment and treatment may be necessary.
- KöR deep bleaching: The most effective and powerful teeth whitening process, KöR deep bleaching is an at-home whitening treatment that takes a little longer but delivers incredible results. The procedure begins with your dentist making molds of your teeth for customized whitening trays that are created by a dental lab. When the trays are ready, the fit will be checked and adjusted as needed and you will be sent home with the trays and whitening agents. Over the next two weeks, you will wear the whitening trays while you sleep, topped off by an in-office bleaching treatment. Patients with grey or medication-stained teeth, or those with tooth sensitivity, often benefit most from KöR deep bleaching.
- Whitening strips: If you simply want to freshen up your smile, dentist-grade whitening strips can be purchased at your Red Bank dentist’s office and applied at home. This option is a great, affordable choice for anyone.
What You Need to Know About Teeth Whitening
Before you go all in on professional teeth whitening, it’s important to understand a few important details about this cosmetic dentistry procedure:
- Your teeth don’t have to be perfect. The beautiful thing about professional whitening is that it makes your teeth look so great any other flaws are concealed. There is an illusion of perfection that makes gaps or crooked teeth fade to the background.
- Dental restorations cannot be whitened. If you have a crown, filling, or other dental restoration, a professional bleaching cannot change the color of that tooth to match your freshly whitened teeth. Restorations can, however, be replaced after the bleaching process to match your brighter tooth enamel.
- Your teeth may not respond to whitening. Some stains and discoloration will not respond to a whitening treatment, no matter how powerful. In cases like these, you aren’t stuck with a dull smile. There are other cosmetic dentistry treatments that can give you the whiter, brighter, flawless teeth you’ve always wanted, like porcelain veneers.
Are You a Good Candidate?
Before you can qualify for any teeth whitening, your dentist will conduct an exam to review your oral health. This is an essential step that ensures your teeth are in good condition to be whitened and, most importantly, that they can be whitened at all. Once you are qualified, your Red Bank dentist will help you determine which treatment option will give you the best results.
Ready to whiten your smile? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Carole Sherrod Jewell or Dr. Pauline Robinson at Red Bank Dentistry in Red Bank, NJ . It will be our pleasure to help you achieve that bright, white smile you’ve always wanted.