Whether you’re a fan of professional golf or not, you’re probably aware of the latest major sports headline: Tiger Woods wins his fifth Masters tournament. This achievement by one of the most notable sports figures of the modern age is punctuated by his celebration – and his giant smile. If you’ve ever noticed Tiger, you’ve seen his wide grin. As it happens, you can have a white, beautiful, award-winning smile of your very own thanks to cosmetic dentistry.
What’s So Great About Tiger Woods’ Smile?
You don’t have to be rich and famous to get the kind of smile Tiger Woods has. Whether Tiger’s smile is in his DNA or whether it was created by a cosmetic dentist, a megawatt, celebrity grin can be all yours too.
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers are the mother of cosmetic dentistry. They correct every aesthetic issue a patient has, whether you’re dealing with stains, discoloration, gaps, misalignment, chips, or unattractive teeth. Veneers are personalized in color, shape, and size so they blend beautifully with your appearance and look completely natural. No one will ever know they aren’t your original teeth – but they will know your smile is amazing.
- Lumineers: The less-invasive version of veneers, Lumineers offer the same amazing perks with a little less prep time.
- Teeth whitening: If you have a great foundation and straight teeth but your enamel is hurting, professional teeth whitening will make your teeth multiple shades whiter. In an hour, you can have a gleaming smile, or you can opt for take-home whitening trays to bleach your teeth on your own time.
Fixing What’s Broken
Even celebs have oral health problems. In a news story from a few years ago, there was speculation about the state of Tiger’s dental health. He was on the slopes with his then-girlfriend Lindsey Vonn when he supposedly had a tooth knocked out after getting jostled by a video cameraman. The cause and fallout from this incident is neither here nor there – the big question is: If your tooth gets knocked out, how do you fix it?
- Dental implant: When you’re missing a tooth, especially a front tooth, you want it replaced as quickly as possible for aesthetic and functional purposes. If your gums are healthy, a dental implant can be surgically placed to fill that hole in your smile with a prosthetic tooth attached to the implant. This restoration is natural-looking so it blends in with your other teeth and no one will be the wiser.
- Dental bridge: A dental bridge fills the gap between two teeth. Attached with clasps to the teeth on either side of the hole in your smile, the bridge is then anchored in place with porcelain crowns to keep it in place and give you a fully functional smile.
- Porcelain tooth crowns: Sometimes a tooth isn’t knocked out completely but it is damaged or unsightly because of an accident or trauma. A porcelain tooth crown can cover what’s broken and protect it from further damage and minimize the chance of the tooth being lost.
Get a Celebrity Smile with Red Bank Cosmetic Dentistry
You may not be a pro athlete, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t worth of a VIP smile. Get the cosmetic dentistry or restorative dentistry you need from Red Bank dentist Dr. Carole Sherrod Jewell. Schedule your appointment today.